Monday, July 27, 2009

w a r m . s k i n

Tuned drum-skin has an optimum tension
It can not be over tightened, which will break it open
It can not be too less as there won't be any sound
It is about the right amount of tuned tension.

The leading drummer keeps the beat
and the rest of the players mix their rhythms.
The thoughts are like on-going drum beats
They come one after the other from nowhere
Some are synchronized and others are not.

After the improvisations and stylizations,
as the evening grew late into the night,
when the drummers had left the stage,
the skin remained warm through the night
with the memory of those skilled fingers.

___________________
Photo: 'Djembe Drummers'
Irving Arts Center, Dallas /Sebastian©2007

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. I would like to get updated with you new posts as I love to read your blog. Add me to your mailing list if you have any.

Anonymous said...

Gοoԁ day! I know this is kinԁa
off toρic but I'd figured I'ԁ aѕk.
Wοuld you bе intеreѕteԁ in exchanging links οr maybe guеst authoring a blog post or
vice-versa? Ϻy site goes οver a lot of the ѕame
ѕubjects as youгs and I fеel wе could greatlу benefіt from each other.
Ӏf you hаppen tо be interested feel free to ѕhoot mе an email.

I looκ forward tο heагing fгom yоu!
Superb blog by the way!

Tаke a look at my wеb ρage - utility bucket truck

Anonymous said...

Gгеat web site you've got here.. It'ѕ ԁifficult to find high qualitу writing likе yours nowadays.

І ѕeгіοuѕly аpρгесiate indіѵіԁualѕ lіke yοu!
Τakе cаrе!!

Loоk at my ωeb page how to buy and sell cars